About 2 months ago a dear friend gave me a lot of bananas. She had purchased more than she needed. (You know who you are!)
I came home, peeled the bananas, and put the fruit in the freezer. I made a lot of muffins and coffee cakes with them. Thank you very much, friend.
Yesterday I was delivering some food to my friend at her place of business (where she gave me the bananas). I popped some food in her freezer and lo and behold, I saw some frozen bananas — the same batch of bananas from which she had given some to me!
I took the bananas without her knowing and brought them home. I wanted to make some muffins for her and return her bananas back to her in a usable form!
I think doing things for others is what brings true joy in our lives – it sure does to mine. Go out today and see if you can find some way to give to your friends, and in return I hope it brings joy to you.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 375.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the pecans and chocolate chips to the dry ingredients and stir together.
- In a smaller bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add the egg, oil, and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups with batter. I use a cookie scoop to fill the muffin cups.
- The cups should be about ⅔ full.
- The batter should fill 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn the muffin tin around in the oven and bake an additional 6 minutes.
- Begin checking the muffins to see if done.
- Continue baking in 2 minute intervals until they are done (shouldn’t take longer than 18 minutes total).
- Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Linked to the following great parties:
Our very own Weekend Potluck
Love Bakes Good Cakes All My Bloggy Friends
Buns In My Oven What’s Cookin Wednesday
Addicted to Recipes Scrumptious Sunday Link Party
Jam Hands Recipe Sharing Monday