I wouldn’t say that I am the most decisive person. If I’m trying to make a decision I like a lot of opinions. Several years ago when my husband Dan and I set out to buy a leather couch it was quite the ordeal! It ended up taking several months to finally decide on what we wanted to purchase. At the time, it was a lot of money and we knew we would have it for a long time. As a matter of fact, I’m sitting on that couch as I’m typing this post. This indecision even applies to simple decisions such as what to order if we happen to go out to dinner. If you’re wondering where I’m going with this let me tell you. There is no question if I’m going to make a pasta salad for dinner that it is probably this one 9 times out of 10. This classic combo is just hard to beat. How can you beat pasta, bacon, and cheese? With the upcoming holiday, I thought it would be the perfect time to share it with you. I grew up on this salad and it has been a long time favorite of my family.
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 package (1 ounce) Hidden Valley Ranch Mix (3 Tablespoons if you buy it in a bulk container)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish or pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon (heaping) Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon season salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound shell pasta cooked, rinsed and drained
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 8 ounces cheddar, cubed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all the salad ingredients reserving some green onions and crumbled bacon for garnish.
- Mix the dressing with the salad ingredients and place in a serving bowl. Garnish with reserved toppings.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving if possible.
Let’s stay in touch…
Linked to the following blog parties:
The Chicken Chick Clever Chicks Blog Hop