Before we get to this great dip, I wanted to let you all know that you can now follow us on bloglovin’. I’m sure those of you who are avid blog readers know about bloglovin’. I love the format and being able to catch up on all the great blogs I follow in one place. Just click the bloglovin’ button on the right hand side of the blog to follow us. Below is a screenshot to show you what the heart button looks like. Now on to today’s recipe.
The fresh flavors in this dip are amazing. We had a version of this dip last summer on my girls trip to the lake, and we just devoured it. There is quite a bit of chopping involved here, but trust me it is worth it. I also like that it is best if you make it ahead of time so there isn’t any last minute preparation. If you have a sharp eye, you’ll notice that my version is actually 8 layers because of the addition of the marinated artichoke hearts. I love them and couldn’t imagine this dip without them. For another great dish from our girls trip, check out this Roasted Vegetable Lasagna.Recipe Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens
- 1 package (8-ounces) light cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1½ teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ cups hummus
- 1 jar (6-8 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup seeded and diced cucumber
- 1 cup seeded and diced tomato
- ½ cup pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup crumbled Feta cheese
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, dill, oregano, garlic and lemon juice in a medium bowl until smooth. Spread into the bottom of a 8" square pyrex or an deep pie dish. (My picture above is a double batch and I put it in a 9 x 13" dish.)
- Evenly spread the hummus on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Evenly top with the artichoke hearts, cucumber, tomato, olives, green onion and Feta cheese. Cover and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve with crackers or pita chips. It's also great with our Soft Flatbread Wedges.
Linked to these great parties:
Jam Hands Recipe Sharing Monday
Mandy’s Recipe Box Totally Tasty Tuesdays
Buns In My Oven What’s Cookin’ Wednesday
White Lights on Wednesday Wednesday Whatsits
High Heels & Grills Work it Wednesday